Dear HSMAI members;
We have been hearing from many of you regarding how the developing coronavirus outbreak is impacting your businesses and outlook. We want to assure you that as your association, we are working with our partners in all HSMAI Regions to monitor and stay on top of the issue. We are taken several actions to help provide guidance, including:
- Establishing a Global Coronavirus Resource page. The goal of this page is to provide access to resources that will help hotel and travel industry professionals stay informed about the impact of the coronavirus outbreak on sales, marketing, and revenue optimization, and put crisis management techniques into play. We will be adding resources to this page and updating you via our weekly Insights newsletter. You can find these resources at https://global.hsmai.org/insights/coronavirus-resources/, including items on force majeure, pricing, revenue managing, and crisis planning.
- Consulting with our advisory boards and leadership to inventory more ideas for areas where we can provide guidance to sales, marketing, and revenue optimization professionals. We will be announcing a series of free webinars shortly with subject matter experts in each of these areas on “Confronting Coronavirus”, with details to come shortly on the first now being scheduled for March 5 with industry legal expert Steve Rudner.
- Developing content to assist your decision making, including Insights articles, event sessions, and exclusive access to experts. Look for more details shortly on new content.
- Sourcing a new subject matter expert for the Spring Curate program who will focus on leading in a crisis.
- Producing and distributing a new special report which aggregates Adrian Award winning crisis management case studies.
If there are resources you would like to recommend or other ways we can assist you navigate this changing environment, please do not hesitate to reach out.
Robert A. Gilbert, CHME, CHBA
President & CEO