HSMAI Ohio recently hosted a LinkedIn Workshop Event with guest speaker Ryan Fogelman; COfounder/CSO of COhatch and his puppy, Margot. Ryan shared his expertise, tips and tricks on how he grew his LinkedIn profile, as well as building COhatch primarily through LinkedIn.
LinkedIn is one of the most powerful tools from the B2B perspective and is a great way to share, learn and interact with colleagues, prospects, customers and more.
Here are some great tips and tricks for LinkedIn:
- Work to build your network. Investing in LinkedIn is also an investment in yourself.
- The best way to get people to engage/like/share your posts is to like their posts!
- What matters is the quality of the content, not the quantity.
- Make connections and send invitations.
- View your LinkedIn profile as a resume.
- Make sure your LinkedIn profile is 100% complete and filled out.
- Provide information beyond personal achievements (what is your business persona?)
- Includes numerous calls to action and a way to reach out beyond LinkedIn.
- Your business email should be your email.
- Share, tag and promote effectively. (This is a great way to drive events!)
- One interaction (like or comment) can result in an average of 45 – 65 views.
- Do not post on weekends. The best days to post are on Wednesdays and Thursdays during work hours.
- Consistent hashtags that people recognize.
- Always have 2 posts featured on your profile – be clear, concise and relevant
- Create a good LinkedIn headline – use your voice but be professional.
- Less is more! Remove old content and update.
- Always tag people and places – make sure to tag in photos as well.
- Also, a great tip is to tag in comments.